In this guide, we'll cover the steps and permissions you need to connect your Instagram account with WorkMagic
To start using Marketing Campaign and Copilot, you'll first have to connect your Facebook Page & Instagram accounts with WorkMagic.
Here's what you'll need:
1. An Instagram Business Account
2. A Facebook Page
3. Your Facebook Page, connected with your Instagram Business Account
4. Admin access to the corresponding Facebook Page.
Note: You must either own the Facebook Page or have admin access granted to you through Facebook Page or Meta Business Manager
1. Before connecting your Instagram account
a. Confirm your Instagram account is a Business Account
b. Admin access to the Facebook Page you want to connect
Facebook Page classic - Admin or Editor Page role
New Facebook Pages experience - Full or partial control (detailed instructions)
Meta Business Manager - Content and Insights access (detailed instructions)
c. Connect your Instagram account to your Facebook Page
From your Facebook Page, click Manage.
From the left menu under Professional dashboard, click Linked accounts.
To connect an account, click Connect account.
Enter your Instagram account's User name and Password, and select Log in.
2. Connect your Instagram Account with WorkMagic account
Go to your WorkMagic account page
Scroll down and select connect under Instagram
A Facebook login pop-up will appear. Click connect and you'll be redirected to Facebook to complete your login process
Log into your Facebook profile
Grant access to WorkMagic
Select the Instagram account you'd like to connect with WorkMagic. Currently, we only support connecting one Instagram account. If you select more than one Instagram account, you'll be asked to select only one.
a. Why is my Instagram account not appearing in the list of accounts and showing "no account connected"?
- Your Instagram account is not a business account
- You may not be logged into the correct Facebook account. The account list is displayed based on your account. We recommend confirming that the account you're using has admin access to the Instagram account you'd like to connect.
- Your Instagram account is not connected to a Facebook Page
- You don't have admin access to the Facebook Page that is connected to your Instagram account
b. After connecting my Instagram account, why am I still unable to publish posts or stories?
- You have removed WorkMagic from your Business Integrations on Facebook Page. For more info, see How do I edit the privacy settings for my business integrations?.
- Your access to the Facebook Page, connected to your Instagram account, does not contain "content" related permissions.